Classroom - +91 98458 222 88 | Online - +91 98453 999 33
1. If you are assigned to managing 10-20 production databases. What tools will you want and why?
2. Assuming the above ... design your backup strategy on the white board. Ask any questions required to gather the information necessary to do so.
3. Assuming the above ... what are you going to do to make sure these databases are properly configured for security, stability, scalability, and high availability?
4. Assuming the above ... describe your normal activities from the beginning to the end of your work day.
5. What is Jonathan Lewis' most recent book about and what was the most important thing you learned from reading it?
6. What is Cary Millsap's most recent book about and what is the most important thing you learned from reading it?
7. What was the last class you took to improve your skills and what is the most important thing you learned from it?
8. Describe the best and worst days of your career as a DBA.
9. Someone just called you on the phone and told you that no one can connect to the Accounts Payable application. Describe, in detail, what you will do to resolve the issue?
10. You just got an email from the help desk saying the Distribution system is running unacceptably slowly. Describe, in detail, what you will do to resolve the issue?
11. A table in your DSS system has a bitmap index on one column. You update one byte in one row. How much redo will be generated and why?
12. What are the issues related to running nologging transactions on a production server?
13. What are the implications of a database with multiple data block sizes? When might you choose non-standard block sizes?
14. Describe, in detail, what happens when the following commands are issued in sequence: STARTUP NOMOUNT, ALTER DATABASE MOUNT, ALTER DATABASE OPEN, SHUTDOWN NORMAL. In what version of Oracle would your answer not be correct?
15. What is the worst system failure you have experienced in your career as a DBA and what was your part in resolving it?
16. What is your favorite new feature in 12ccR1 ... and why?
17. What will you do if after I hire you I ask you to grant the DBA privilege to the VP of Marketing?
18. An employee just emailed you that they just, minutes before, deleted all of the rows in a configuration table. What will you do?
19. If the position involves RAC: In what way is Oracle's claim that any application can run on RAC not true?
20. If the position involves DataGuard: Why might you want to have more than one listener on each server?
21. What are the best and worst aspects of working with MyOracleSupport?
22. Describe the steps you would use to apply a PSU or CPU to a database.
23. What is an RDA and what have you used them for in the past?
24. Review this Alert Log [Alert log provided by interviewer] and tell me what you see of interest.
25. Review this AWR report [AWR report provided by interviewer] and tell me what you see of interst.
26. What is Edition Based Redefinition and what does it do?
27. If you created a database user named C##TOOLS why did you name it this way?
28. Please go up to the white board and write a functional package header and body containing one stored procedure and one function including exception handling.
29. RAC Interview Questions.
30. What is cache fusion?
31. What is split brain?
32. What is the difference between Crash recovery and Instance recovery?
33. What is the interconnect used for?
34. How do you determine what protocol is being used for Interconnect traffic?
35. What methods are available to keep the time synchronized on all nodes in the cluster?
36. What files components in RAC must reside on shared storage?
37. Where does the Clusterware write when there is a network or Storage missed heartbeat?
38. How do you find out what OCR backups are available?
39. If your OCR is corrupted what options do have to resolve this?
40. How do you find out what object has its blocks being shipped across the instance the most?
41. What is a VIP in RAC use for?
42. How do we know which database instances are part of a RAC cluster?
43. What is OCLUMON used for in a cluster environment?
44. What would be the possible performance impact in a cluster if a less powerful node (e.g. slower CPUâ€™s) is added to the cluster?
45. All processing will show down to the CPU speed of the slowest server.
46. What is the purpose of OLR?
47. What is the default memory allocation for ASM?
48. How do you backup ASM Metadata?
49. What files can be stored in the ASM diskgroup?
50. What it the ASM POWER_LIMIT?
51. What is a rolling upgrade?
52. What are some of the RAC specific parameters?
53. What is the future of the Oracle Grid?
54. What components of the Grid should I back up?
Ecare Technologies © 2012-21 | All Rights ReservedPowered by Best Digital Marketing Courses in Bangalore