1. What is a control task?
2. What is a pipeline partition and how does provide a session with higher performance?
3. What is the maximum number of partitions that can be defined for in a single pipeline?
4. Pipeline partitions is designed to increase performance, however list one of it’s disadvantages?
5. What is a dynamic session partition?
6. List three dynamic partitioning configurations that cause a session to run with one partition
7. What is pushdown optimization?
8. List the different types of pushdown optimization that can be configured?
9. What databases are we able to configure pushdown optimization?
10. List several transformations that work with pushdown optimization to push logic to the database?
11. What is real-time processing?
12. What types of real-time data can be processed with Informatica PowerCenter?
13. What is a real-time processing terminating condition?
14. List three real-time processing terminating conditions?
15. What is real-time processing message recovery?
16. What factors play a part in determining a commit point?
17. List all configurable commit types?
18. What performance concerns should you be aware of when logging error rows?
19. What functionality is provided by the Integration Service when error logging is enabled?
20. What is the difference between stopping and aborting a workflow session task?
21. What is a concurrent workflow?
22. What is Informatica PowerCenter grid processing and its benefits?
23. List the types of parameters and variables that can be defined within a parameter file?
24. With PowerCenter, what two locations can one specify a parameter file?
25. How are mapplet parameters and variables defined withing a parameter file different?
26. What is an SQL Transformation in Informatica?
27. What is dynamic lookup cache?
28. What is a Unstructured Data transformation?
29. How to Join 2 tables connected to a Source Qualifier w/o having any relationship defined .
30. In a mapping if three are 2 targets to load header and detail, how to ensure that header loads first then detail table.
31. A mapping just take 10 seconds to run, it takes a source file and insert into target, but before that there is a Stored Procedure transformation which takes around 5 minutes to run and gives output ‘Y’ or ‘N’. If Y then continue feed or else stop the feed. (Hint: since SP transformation takes more time compared to the mapping, it shouldn’t run row wise).
32. What is difference between view and materialized view?
33. What is bitmap index why it’s used for DWH?
34. What is star schema? And what is snowflake schema?
35. Why need staging area database for DWH?
36. What are the steps to create a database in manually?
37. Difference between OLTP and DWH?
38. What is the significance of surrogate key?
39. What is slowly changing dimension. What kind of scd used in your project?
40. Row will you handle this situation?
41. What is difference between primary key and unique key constraints?
42. What are the types of index? And is the type of index used in your project?
43. A table have 3 partitions but I want to update in 3rd partitions how will you do?
44. When you give an update statement how memory flow will happen and how oracles allocate memory for that?
45. Write a query to find out 5th max salary? In Oracle, DB2, SQL Server
46. When you give an update statement how undo/rollback segment will work/what are the steps?
47. What is DTM? How will you configure it?